I dont usually do Reposters on the weekends, but I came across some really interesting stuff that I wanted to pass on to you.
- This is one of the best reads I've come across in a long time. SBNation stalwart vivaelpujols attempts to examine the MVP vote by quantifying how much a player helped his team get to the playoffs. Really, really cool.
- Justin takes a look at the Reds' 1st round picks from 1965-2005 and gives career WAR totals for each. Not to spoil it, but the Reds have not really done well. It's pretty much Barry Larkin and not much else.
- The DDN is reporting that Kyle Lotzkar, one of the Reds best young pitching prospects and #8 on RRs top prospect list, may have re-broken the elbow he broke last summer. Doug is not enthused.
- Doug also passes on a few links from BA. Drew Stubbs and Featured Farmhand Matt Fairel are turning a few heads.
- Frustrated by the loss last night? Hall o' Famer Hal says Dusty's decsion to let Harang hit for himself in the 7th was the key point in the ballgame.
- Steve at RLN fondly recalls Pete Rose.
- As frustrating as the loss was last night, btcoop71 links us to a much tougher way to lose in the FanShots.