|Final - 4.23.2009||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|WP: Aaron Harang (2 - 2)
LP: Carlos Zambrano (1 - 1)
The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Aaron Harang. 7 IP, 7 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K. The man is a machine.
Honorable mention: Joey Votto - 4 for 5, 2 doubles, HR, 2 RBI
- Jay Bruce singled in the 4th to drive in Chris Dickerson who had tripled earlier in the inning.
- Willy Taveras singled to lead-off the 6th and then went to third on an errant pickoff attempt. He later scored on Votto's double.
- The Cubs scored their only run in the 6th inning when Alfonso Soriano singled and then went to second on Chris Dickerson's error. Ryan Theriot followed with a single to score the run. That was the closest the Cubs came to a serious threat all day as they only had 2 other innings where multiple batters reached base.
- After a Brandon Phillips walk and Ramon Hernandez single, Alex Gonzalez managed to finally have a big hit this season with a single that RF Micah Hoffpaiur mishandled. Both runners scored to give the Reds a 4-1 lead.
- Votto tacked on another run with his 3rd home run of the season in the 8th.
- The Reds capped off the scoring with a 2-run Dickerson single in the 9th that plated both Ramon Hernandez and Willy Taveras.
- Harang was outstanding again today. Not only did he prevent the Cubs offense from getting any traction, he did it very efficiently. He pitched into the 8th inning and threw just 105 pitches. That's the kind of outing I'd like to see from him every time out.
- In one game the Reds scored almost twice as many runs for Harang as they had all season to this point. So he won't have to beat the crap out of the dugout today.
- Joey Votto is the awesome.
- I can't say enough about how great a 7-3 road trip to start the season makes me feel. Just an incredible way to start the year.