Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Andy LaRoche. He went 2-3 and drove in two runs.
- The Brothers McCutchen did the damage in the third inning. Lehr walked Daniel McCutchen, then Andrew McCutchen doubled. That's when Andy LaRoche hit his single. Pirates 2, Reds 0.
- In the fourth inning, Lastings Milledge went all Blastings Milledge and hit a home run. Pirates 3, Reds 0.
- The Reds didn't have much in the way of offense, but Wladimir Balentien did hit a home run in the seventh inning. Pirates 3, Reds 1.
- On both of his hits, Andy LaRoche was thrown out trying to stretch his single into a double.
- Double-machine Paul Janish hit a double. Then Joey Votto hit what should have been a double, but Lastings Milledge made a nice catch. Flashtings-the-Leather Milledge.
- Arthur Rhodes apparently broke his toe on Sept. 4. He then pitched in eight games. And now he's on the disabled list. Thanks for the great season, Colossus!
- Walt Jocketty also broke his toe when he was kicking Dick Pole to the curb.
- This was Daniel McCutchen's first career victory. Shame it came against the Reds, but congratulations kid. You prevented the Pirates from losing 100 games this season.
|Final - 10.2.2009||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|WP: Daniel McCutchen (1 - 2)
SV: Matt Capps (27)
LP: Justin Lehr (5 - 3)
Complete Coverage >