As you may or may not know, Red Reporter celebrated it's 4th anniversary just before midnight on Monday morning. The site was birthed by this post by JD on that day. I've got to say, this site is every bit like a four-year old. We occasionally throw tantrums. We like to tell random, rambling stories. And every once in a while, we "accidentally" pee on ourselves. Our little site is growing up so fast.
To celebrate our fourth anniversary, we're having a little giveaway for all of you loyal, and not so loyal, readers. If you are lucky, you could win one of these fabulous prizes:
An all expenses paid trip to everywhere for you and all of your friends! A new car! A Chewbacca PEZ dispenser!
- A game-worn, Sunday Alternate Reds jersey worn by #65 Josh Roenicke!
OK, so you can only win the Josh Roenicke jersey, but to be honest, that's still a pretty kick-ass prize. Roenicke has a chance to be a part of the Reds next playoff contending team if he can remain healthy for the next 10-15 years and not sign with someone else. You don't want to miss this chance to purchase his actual jersey before they become too expensive for people like you and me to afford, do you?
You don't believe this is real, do you? Well, here's photographic proof...
So, how can you win? After the jump, you will find 15 Reds or Roenicke related questions, all of which have numbers as their answer. Add up all of the numbers and post your result in the comments. We are only looking for a single total answer, not the answers to each individual question. The first person to post the correct answer wins the jersey! The contest will run until Wednesday, January 28th at 10 PM ET. If no one has posted the correct answer by then, the individual with the closest answer without going over wins the prize. Ties will go to the first person to post the best answer.
One final note, you only get one guess. If you post multiple answers in the thread, we will only accept your first guess. So as to limit the confusion, please post your comment with a subject of "The answer is" followed by the number you are guessing.
Thank you for sticking with us all these years and good luck!
Here are the questions. Remember, we are only looking for the total of all of the answers, not the individual answers to each question:
- What is the Reds single-game regular season home attendance record?
- What is the true distance of the longest home run hit at GABP in 2008 according to Hit Tracker Online?
- What is the most wins in a single season by the Reds?
- What is the sum of the years of all of the Reds World Series championships?
- What is the winning percentage of Jack McKeon as manager of the Reds multiplied by 1000?
- What is the total number of home runs hit by Reds other than Ken Griffey Jr. and Adam Dunn since the start of the 2001 season?
- What is the number of wins by the Reds in 2008 when they were trailing at the start of the 9th inning?
- How many times Corey Patterson led off the first inning for the Reds offense with an out in 2008?
- What is the length of the longest winning streak by the Reds in the 2000s?
- What is the total number of days spent in first place (including tied for first) by the Reds in the 2000s?
- How many home runs did Josh Roenicke's father hit in the Majors?
- What is the number of home runs hit by Josh Roenicke while attending UCLA?
- How many innings did Josh Roenicke pitch in his senior year at UCLA?
- What is the overall pick number (not the round) that the Reds used to draft Josh Roenicke in 2006?
- How many strikeouts did Roenicke record while pitching for the Reds in 2008?