- Josh Roenicke made his Triple-A debut, and Todd Frazier went 3 for 4 with 2 RBIs. Daryl Thompson goes today for the Bats.
- No word yet on NL Player of the Week, but MLB.com has a centerpiece story up about him. In it, his agent, Matt Sosnick, calls Bruce a "once-in-a-lifetime player for me."
"Josh Hamilton might win the Triple Crown this year, but Jay is better," Sosnick said. "I'll take it to the grave."(note: Josh Hamilton just switched agents from Sosnick, so he might have some axe to grind. Or it might be that Josh switched after hearing these quotes. Who knows.)
- Bob Nightengale reports the Reds have their own nickname for Jay: "Babe Bruce." Trent has also picked that as his favorite and derides "The Boss" as an ESPN creation. It started here, Trent!
- Hey fellas, how about this for a T-shirt idea?
- Check out this story from The Courier-Journal in Louisville about Homer getting the call in the middle of the Bats game. He didn't see it coming.
- Doug has a Casey Kelly profile up at redsminorleagues.com. Kelly is the son of Reds GCL manager Pat Kelly. By all accounts Kelly would be a stretch at No. 7, and I think we took our shot on a stretch pick last year. If we don't get a college star on Thursday I'm going to be really disappointed.
That's all for now. We're Philly-bound this week -- starting tonight -- with some crazy good pitching matchups.