- I never noticed it before, but I think I'm gonna fall in love with Jay Bruce's hand flip.
- No full Farmers Only post today, but Homer threw a good -- but not great -- game in Louisville's loss. (He allowed only one run in 6 innings but walked four and allowed 5 hits.)
- Not surprisingly, last night's game was FSN Ohio's highest-rated of the year.
- Hardball Times uses PitchF/X data to examine Johnny Cueto. They find that one of his biggest assets is the similarity between his slider and changeup: They're the same pitch until the very end, when they "dart in opposite directions 20 feet or so from the plate." Very interesting read. Hat tip to Doug Dirt.
- Lost in Brucemania was that Adam Dunn set a Reds record for home runs by a lefty, passing Klu with 252 career shots.