- Pirates fans are planning a walkout during Saturday night's game, and the team is strongarming FSN into ignoring it. There are very few franchises in all of sports that have a recent track record as bad as the Pirates, so good for those fans. I hope the walkout is huge, and hopefully someone like ESPN will cover it since FSN won't.
- Reds minor league boxscores, updated daily. And the best part? There's an RSS feed. Very cool.
- Trades are coming, not that that should surprise anyone. It's really obnoxious for a general manager to not comment on anything relating to transactions or the team when the team is as bad as the Reds are this year. The fans deserve Krivsky at least giving them something to talk about, and he could very easily do that without hurting himself strategically. Jim Bowden is a terrible GM, but at least he would talk to the press and make things feel a little exciting.
- If you didn't catch it in the diary thread, go back and check out this diary from January. It's oh so tragic.
- I'm sure you noticed the "hype this" button on the Ken Griffey Jr. post. I've started using Ballhype, kind of a Digg for sports. It's been around for a few months, and I always meant to sign up but never really got around to it until now, but it's a really cool concept. If you decide to give it a try, feel free to add me as a friend. I've also made fan groups for the Reds and Bengals, so join up, they're pretty empty at the moment. I'll be submitting stories from Red Reporter from time to time, and when I do you'll see the "hype this" button. Obviously feel free to vote for those!