Was there ever really any doubt? Every single time the Reds have seen some light at the end of the tunnel this season they've been unable to go the extra step. Every time. Last night was just the last in a long line of times that the Reds have been unable to seize opportunity.
- Two runs on 11 hits and six walks is beyond ridiculous. I don't think the lack of clutch hitting would have mattered in the end, not with Reds pitching giving up seven runs, but it's just pathetic to have so many baserunners and only two runs in a must win situation.
- I have nothing against the guy, but I really hope that's the last we ever see of Chris Michalek. It's continuously amazing to me that players can have so much success at AAA and be so terrible at the major league level.
- Chris Denorfia was obviously written off way too quickly. I hope he's our starting center fielder on Opening Day of 2007.
- Dewayne McWise pinch hit, which I find amazing. Wayne Krivsky needs to make sure that Jerry Narron doesn't have access to bad players, because he definitely isn't shy about using them.
- It was crushing to lose, but I'll also say that it was fun to dream again, even if it was only for a day.