FIRST PLACE!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Ok, sorry, had to get that out of my system.
- Ken Griffey Jr. still, still, scares the crap out of me going first to third. Nice slide though.
- Nice job by Eric Milton. It seems like Reds pitchers have been getting in trouble early a lot lately and then battling back which is good to see. I'm becoming more and more convinced that the one thing that's even keeping Milton in the major leagues is his control. Guy doesn't walk too many hitters so his mistakes don't hurt as bad as they could. He's still not exactly a great pitcher, but he gives the Reds a shot to win more often than not, which is good enough for the moment.
- Edwin Encarnacion better be a Red for the next ten years, at the least. I'm starting to think he might be the face of the franchise successor to Barry Larkin. I know Griff and Dunn both have an argument in that kind of conversation, but I don't know there's just something about EdE. He's become my favorite player this season.
- Maybe it was the frequent pitching changes, but tonight's game felt like game 7 of the World Series. I haven't been on the edge of my seat like that in a while.
- David Ross is ridiculously good. Yeah, he's cooled off, but damn. He's still slugging way over .600. Just to show what a dork I am, I can't wait to read what Baseball Prospectus has to say about Ross in their next annual.
- What a good night. To top it off I didn't start watching until the sixth inning, so I only saw good things. Lots of tense things, but only good things. You can't beat that. Feels real good to be a Reds fan right now. Every win feels so big, and I'm not sure I've ever had this much fun in a Reds pennant race, which I attribute 100% to this site. Good times all around.