Awesome game, and great job coming back to take two out of three. It'd be nice if they could take the first couple of games against Houston, just to make it easy on us for once.
- How about that first inning by Aaron Harang? I was getting that sick "here we go again" feeling, but then bam, bam, bam, three strikeouts and it's over. Harang might not be a first tier major league pitcher, but there's no doubt in my mind that he's firmly entrenched in the second tier, behind the Santanas and Halladays.
- Congrats to Norris Hopper on the hit. It's odd to me how he's never been considered any sort of prospect, even though he's never done anything but hit. At every level, right up to this year when he's led the International League in batting average. I think he might have a future as a utility outfielder for the Reds. Anyone have any idea if he's a good glove guy?
- I find it kind of interesting that Edwin Encarnacion is hitting .300/.385/.552 while BJ Upton and Andy Marte, two guys who have always been rated higher than EdE on prospect lists, haven't really dont much yet. Marte has been horrible in limited time with the Indians, and Upton has also been pretty bad with the Devil Rays. Small sample size and all, but EdE seems head and shoulder above both at this point and time.
- Adam Dunn is such a beast. I've long ago run out of good things to say about the guy, but he's amazing. It looks like he'll easily get over 40 home runs for the third year in a row. He's actually having about an identical season to last year, which I'll absolutely take.
- Some people thought I overreacted when I called the Todd Hollandsworth signing "idiotic". I kind of agreed and amended my post, but now I'm thinking I should have went with my immediate reaction. It was a pointless, silly move and it's hurting the Reds. There's no reason for him to ever start and I'm not kidding when I say that I'd much prefer Norris Hopper in the lineup. At least he might surprise us.