This team is a hoot, isn't it? You just never know if they're going to give you a nice warm hug or a swift kick in the crotch.
- So I guess Chris Michalak is now part of the starting rotation? In case you haven't heard, The Lizard has been optioned to Louisville with no corresponding move just yet. Michalak worked some magic last night, but I'd be concerned about him over multiple starts. I'd be more than happy to have him prove me wrong though.
- What else can be said about Edwin Encarnacion? If you're not excited about this young kid, then you really are addicted to "veteran leadership." Since coming off of the DL on July 6th, these are the numbers that he's put up: .385/.459/.646/1.106. Those numbers are sick for anybody, but especially for a 23-year old third baseman. Last night he knocked in the run that put the Reds up for good in the 9th and also made a couple of sweet defensive plays. It's been a long time since the Reds have had someone with his quickness playing defense everyday at third.
- Another day, another 2 hits for Scott Hatteberg. He's now 11 for his last 22 and he has a 7-game hitting streak. Oh, and he's batting .330 on the season, good for fourth in the NL.
- As bad as EZ pitched, at least he did have a hit to drive in the Reds first run. And Michalak also had a double. Yay for pitchers getting hits!
- I can't believe I've gone this long and have yet to mention Brandon Phillips awesome night. Dude went 3 for 4 with a homer and double, 2 runs, and 2 RBI. He gets the badass award for the night.
- And for those of you that were wondering, the Reds have exactly 4 wins (of 16 total) by more than 2 runs since July 1st. This is the team that we're stuck with. At least they make it exciting.