Okay, bitching is not in my nature, so excuse me if this isn't complaining enough:
- How does Edwin Encarnacion only get 3 at bats in this game? I don't quite understand the need to replace him defensively. The guy has 2 errors since he came off of the DL on July 6th, and one of them was actually on July 6th. And he's made some sparkling plays lately. I think his bat has become important enough to stay in the lineup for the entire game, don't you?
- Kyle Lohse has been a pleasant surprise. Six innings, 6 hits, 1 run, 1 BB, 8 strikeouts. Yeah, I'll take that every day of the week. My feelings about him have been promoted from doubtful to cautiously optimistic.
- The Reds starting lineup managed 5 hits tonight. Helluva an effort.
- El Guapo blew his first save, but to be fair, it wasn't his fault. Griffey should have caught that.
- I know you all have plenty of commentary about that last inning, so to Jerry Narron, I only have this to say:
Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never walk the bases loaded with no outs in extra innings with a struggling rookie pitcher on the mound! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
- On a positive note, nobody has managed to pass the Reds yet in the Wild Card race. So, we've got that going for us.