If the Reds end up doing something special this year, this'll be one of the games that'll stand out in hindsight.
- Aaron Harang for Jose Guillen has turned out pretty well, no? I know the A's were in a pennant race, etc. etc., but I still bet they'd like to have that one back.
- Always good to beat Roger Clemens, because as we all know, he is a huge bastard.
- I can't really say enough good things about Scott Hatteberg. It's fair to say that he's been one of the more important pieces of the puzzle this year.
- Ken Griffey Jr. hitting third is really hurting this team. Never thought I'd say something like this but ... Scott Hatteberg should be hitting third instead of Ken Griffey Jr. Yeah. But it makes a lot of sense at this point. Then you'd move Griff to cleanup, EdE fifth (Yeah, I'm dreaming that we have a competent manager, bear with me), and Brandon Phillips sixth, catcher seventh, shortstop eighth. That's a much better lineup than what we have now with Griff hitting third.
- That was a hell of a game. Made me feel good about the Reds prospects for the rest of this year.