It's amazing how much brighter things look on days Bronson Arroyo pitches.
- Bronson Arroyo is pretty much a lock for the All-Star game I would think. He's now 9-3, and that plus his under 2.50 ERA ought to get him a spot. Marty and Steve were talking tonight about Brandon Phillips deserving a spot, but I don't see that happening. Doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it, but I think that Griffey and Arroyo will be on the team, and I'd be surprised to see the Reds with a third addition, especially someone as young as Phillips.
- The Mets really have a tough lineup. There's not really a weak spot outside of Jose Valentin and Endy Chavez, and those two aren't black holes or anything. I do think the Mets are taking advantage of a weak NL East, but they're still an awfully good team. Their pitching could carry them pretty far in a playoff situation.
- It's good to see Ryan Freel hitting a little again. This team is alot better when he's doing well.
- Bronson Arroyo pitched well, but the best thing he did tonight was going nine innings. When it was 2-1 all I could think about was what would happen if Arroyo got lifted. I can't say it made me feel much better when the Reds went out in front 4-1, but it worked out since Bronson went the distance. He's now thrown 105 innings on the year. Maybe the day off will help to get the bullpen back on track a little. Probably not, but a guy can hope.
- Steve Trachsel tomorrow. It'd be huge to get the first two games in the series, and the Reds really should be able to get some runs against Trachsel. How he's managed to stick around this long is beyond me. But yeah, a win tomorrow would take a lot of pressure off, and I think the Reds need that right now.