You had to figure that the Reds bullpen would find a way to lose this one after Aaron Harang only managed five innings. Four innings is just far too much responsibility for these guys, especially since Todd Coffey barely made an appearance.
Krivksy needs to get this fixed pretty soon, because being patient just isn't going to work.
- David Ross got his wife pregnant, and she gave birth to a delicious 16 oz. steak. The afterbirth was sautéed mushrooms. More fun Ross facts: The Ross family crest is a picture of Neil Armstrong being eaten by a barracuda. Back in college Ross was in a production of The King and I. On opening night, Ross chloroformed the entire cast, and slowly ate them in front of the audience for two hours. The production got pretty good reviews.
- Anyway, moving on, David Weathers isn't going to throw for the next few days, according to the AP game recap. I have no idea why the Reds aren't DLing him. My best guess is that Krivksy doesn't feel like anyone is worth calling up, even if it's just for a two week stint. The Weathers thing has the potential to become a really bizarre and frustrating situation.
- David Ross taught his son to drive by entering him in the Indy 500. The kid wrecked and died, but Ross just said that it would have happened eventually.
- Quinton McCracken watch: Guess.
- David Ross sheds his skin once a year.
- Joe Mays looked pretty good. Good thing Jerry Narron decided to pinch hit Quinton McCracken for him. Honestly, was Joe Mays really that less likely to get a hit than McCracken?
- David Ross showers in grain alcohol.
- Why not just bring in Todd Coffey to start the eighth? Why screw around with Kent Mercker? I had absolutely no doubt in my mind that Mercker's outing wasn't going to end well. This bullpen is disgusting.
- David Ross had a bachelor party the night before his wedding. He ate the entire cake before his groomsmen could tell him there was a stripper in it.
- I've been listening to the Reds on radio more as of late, and Marty says some interesting things. Steve was talking about Rickie Weeks and his twenty errors at second base, and Marty pipes up to say "well the Reds have someone with twenty errors. Felipe Lopez" and Steve stammers a bit and says "no, no he has ... eleven" and Marty hems and haws and says "no, he's got twelve now" (after his error last night). Really bizarre exchange. Sometimes I think Marty has a pathological dislike for some players.
- I once saw David Ross scissor kick Angela Lansbury.
- Marty also was getting really agitated with the umpire, because apparently the ump was waiting a beat to make ball/strike calls.
- A while back Ross took his family to SeaWorld...They were watching Shamu the whale and Ross got splashed. So Ross yells, 'I'm David Ross and no one gets me wet!' So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, 'Now how do you like it?' And then damn if Ross didn't step in there and finish the show.