- Baseball Minutia looks at Griffey's diminishing walk rate. This is a problem with the entire team in my opinion, and it's a big reason why the offense has slumped this month. Everybody seems to be pressing.
- Marc thinks Shackelford will get DFA'd today, and that it'll probably be all that happens for now. A move has to be made to make room for Yan.
- Joe Nuxhall is in the hospital. Best wishes to him, I love the guy.
- Brandon Webb vs. Pedro Martinez tonight. Should be a nice matchup.
- The Colorado Rockies done found Jesus. The CEO, Charlie Monfort: "I don't want to offend anyone, but I think character-wise we're stronger than anyone in baseball. Christians, and what they've endured, are some of the strongest people in baseball. I believe God sends signs, and we're seeing those." I'm kind of curious as to what a multi-millionaire baseball playing Christian has "endured" because of their Christianity. If there are two players with equal ability, then sure I'll take the guy with good makeup and morals, but that's so rarely the case. Usually decisions on players come down to talent, and when that's the case I'll take the player that can play baseball better, whether they're a godless heathen or a bible thumping Christian. Talent wins, there's no other piece of the equation. More stupidity, from their GM: "You look at some of the moves we made and didn't make. You look at some of the games we're winning. Those aren't just a coincidence. God has definitely had a hand in this." Does God have a hand in their 25 losses?
By JD Arney
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.