- I'm not sure I've ever seen Adam Dunn hitting this well. Sure, it's only been a week, but maybe this'll be a breakout season for him. You never really predict a breakout from a guy who's already hit 40+ home runs a couple of times, but we might be seeing it happen right now.
- Bronson Arroyo is looking like a damn fine acquisition. He still hasn't walked a batter and he's struck out 11 batters in 13.2 innings.
- Glendon Rusch might rebound, but he's looked terrible in his two starts against the Reds this year. Remember, because of injuries to Kerry Wood and Mark Prior, this is the Cubs third starter right now. Things aren't looking too good for the Cubbies at the moment, even with that weekend sweep of St. Louis.
- Edwin Enarnacion! He's looking great so far. There will be down stretches with him this year, but I have a lot of faith in the guy to put in a solid season. I hope the Reds stick with him for years to come, because third basemen can be tough to find. This is the first time since Chris Sabo that Reds fans can really feel good about third.
- Bronson Arroyo hitting his second home run in a week against the Cubs = high comedy.
- Our bullpen might suck (Chris Hammond has to be about done - right?), but the Cubs bullpen looks worse. And they paid a lot of money for it to boot. At least our suckiness is relatively cheap.
- Ryan Freel plays and good things happen. I'm still crossing my fingers that a second baseman not named Ryan Freel will get shown the door in the next week or so. But I'm starting to think that Freel has to be looking pretty attractive to other teams in need of a leadoff hitter.