- Daedalus has started her novel. Definitely worth checking out, and I'll be following along.
- Joe Randa has retired. He didn't play for too long in Cincinnati, but I'll always have a soft spot for him because of that Opening Day home run.
- Redleg Nation has a great interview up with Reds minor leaguer Bo Lanier. Lanier is pretty candid in the interview, and I found it all pretty interesting. You don't read too often about what minor league life is really like, but you get a glimpse here.
- Gotham Baseball has an Adam Dunn rumor up, saying that he could likely be going to either of the two New York teams. Not a one of the names floated really interests me though, but go take a look and tell me what you think.
- Lots of interesting names and rumors in this SI.com article. Barry Zito is out there, and I'd think that if Castellini is really willing to put his money where his mouth is that Zito would have to at least be pursued by the Reds. Although the article goes on to say that Ted Lilly and Gil Meche are getting tons of interest, and if those two guys cash in then I don't even want to begin to think what Zito's going to end up getting.
- Interesting interview here with a guy who has created tons of professional sports logos.
- From The Onion: Cardinals Apologize For Winning World Series.