- Baseball Minutia continues his stink of losing series, and it's important to note that the Reds now have six straight losing seasons. They came close to breaking that streak, but didn't quite get there.
- I'm really looking forward to Daedalus' offseason project. Sounds very interesting.
- Doug takes a look at how minor leaguers that Wayne traded away have fared since leaving the Reds. Justin Germano posted a 25/2 K/BB ratio in AAA for the Phillies. That kind of hurt to see.
But, you now Rheal Cormier, we've got that going for us.
- Small step, but the Blue Jays finished second in the AL East, bumping off the Boston Red Sox. You really have to feel for the Blue Jays. Toronto won 87 games against some fairly tough competition and has nothing to show for it.
- The New York Times has a story that focuses on Billy Beane and Terry Ryan, possibly of interest since WayneK learned from Ryan.
- The Kansas City Royals had thirteen different starting pitchers this season, none of whom was able to manage a sub-5.00 ERA. Including Luke Hudson.
- New York Mets to Lastings Milledge: KNOW YOUR PLACE, ROOK!. Between Pedro and this I don't expect the Mets to last long in the playoffs.