The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
This is a no-brainer. Devin Mesoraco had him a game to remember. He had two hits, but he made them worth it. In the 2nd inning, My Main Man Mez hit a monster grand slam. He'd been in a slump, but came out of it in a big way. He also hit another Mesobomb with two outs in the 9th, giving a crucial insurance run. Mesomakemehorny with 5 RBI on the night.
Honorable mention goes to quite a few. Brandon Phillips had a couple outstanding plays to save runs to go with a 1 for 4 night. Roger Bernardina had two hits, and a big RBI double in the 6th to stretch the lead. Sammy MAH MAN Lecure was throwing some lethal shit when he struck out Goldschmidt in the 7th with two on. I'll talk about it more in a bit. I gotta give Chappy a bit of credit for his two nasty K's in the 9th.
- We had Leake v. Arroyo, which is a is probably a Yossi wet dream. I won't lie, I was pretty excited.
- Arizona got off to a quick 1-0 lead, but what of it? Mesoraco wanted nothing to do with it. The Reds loaded the bases against Arroyo in the 2nd. This hurts me in my feels, but Mesoraco came to the plate and promptly unloaded them with a grandlabooooooooooooooomb. Reds lead 4-1.
- Mike Leake gave up two more runs in the next inning, but I didn't see it and it didn't matter.
- In the sixth, Roger Bernadina (who was playing 1B, mind you) hit a rocket off the wall in center to plate Frazier.
- Arizona scored another run, some how.
- I don't exactly remember what happened in the 7th. Sammy came into the game to be awesome. This was the point I sat down and was really paying attention. He ended up giving up a double to Pollock at some point. All I remember was Goldschmidt being up in that RBI situation. Thom wanted to walk him because Thom sucks. I wanted Sammy to be Sammy, and Sammy was Sammy. Let's just say that two seam fastball is totes mcfucksticks. My brother, who doesn't watch baseball, asked what the pitch was. All I said was fastball. He mind was blown and wanted to see more. It was like a screwball coming in at 90 MPH. Sammy Sammy Sammy. SWOOOOOOOOOOON.
- Nothing happened in the 8th.
- Something happened in the 9th. We got a MesoSWOOOOOOOOOOOOOON GROUNDCHUCK KILL A HOG. He's good, and he's a catcher. :)
- In the bottom of the 9th, Chapman came in and did that Chapman thing. Wait, it wasn't the Chapman you know and love. He dialed it up, but he was also throwing nasty sliders and often. He wasn't scared. He had 2 K's to close the night. I love him and his slider.
What a Frangraph looks like when we're awesome.
- Reds won.
- Votto is progressing and is taking batting practice, which I assume is a good sign.
- I'm not Wick.
- We're not gonna be Wick because he's on vaca.
- Chappy throwing sliders, just to reiterate.
- I'm stalling because I'm drunk and have no news.
- It was beautiful out tonight and I roasted a hog.
- It was delicious.
- I'll eat more of it later and drink more beer.
- Sammy's two seam may be the nastiest pitch ever. I love it.
- WE SCORED 6 RUNZ. WE'RE ALL RAHR RAHR!!!
- I'm sure there should be more important news, but there isn't. Enjoy the win boys and girls, and I hope you have a great weekend.