The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Shin-soo Choo had a double, a walk, and a great 12-pitch at-bat in the bottom of the third. So that was pretty cool. His 12-pitch walk he worked off Waino was really danged impressive and the best part of the game. Though, truth be told, if a third-inning walk is the best part of the game, it's probably not a great game.
Devin Mesoraco went 2-4 with a double and would've been the JNMHSotG if it wasn't for him probably calling a handful of pitches that shouldn't have been called, which led to many of runs which I wish hadn't happened.
- In the bottom of the third inning, Mesoraco smacked a single and Leake had a perfect bunt to put him to second with one out. Choo worked a heck of an AB to get walked (Wainwright's 6th of the year) and runners on first and second for Zack Cozart and oh man he grounded into a 5-4-3 double play. Dang.
- In the top of the fourth, Beltran led off with a single. A batter later, Craig had a single with the runner going to put runners on first and third. Leake got Yadier Molina to strike out and put the inning almost-to-rest, but dang...three straight singles from the 6-7-8 hitters. Score went to 3-0 Cardinals.
- Hannahan lined out for Leake in the fifth, taking him out at 97 pitches. Logan Ondrusek came in to the sixth to relieve, but that's really not the right verb to describe what he did. Molina double, Freese BB, Jay double, Kozma double, Wainwright grounder, and Carpenter single. What a crock of shit. 7-0 Cardinals.
- In the bottom of the inning, the Reds scrapped back! Cozart singled, Votto lined out, then BP and Bruce hit singles to bring around Cozart. 7-1 Cardinals! Ooooh boy!
- Haha just kidding Hoover let up a couple doubles in the 7th to make the score 8-1
- In the bottom of the 7th, Mesoraco doubled and Hank-Rod made his 2013 debut with a flyout. Choo doubled in Mesoraco, though to get the score to 8-2.
- Manny Parra let in a run on a double and a single in the 8th because he had nothing better going on. Score got to 9-2. That's where it ended.
Fangraphs Reminds Me of the Cross-Section of the Continental Shelf in My 8th Grade Geology Textbook
- Tomorrow, Mat Latos hosts Tyler Lyons at 7:10pm. Lyons's a lefty and I hope only the worst for him.
- Title track. Murder me, Michael, you made a mistake (or few).
- It's really frustrating to see the Reds blow a two-on-one-out situation in one half-inning and then the Cardinals execute perfectly 15 minutes later. Dang.
- In case you're still in a good mood and not this game didn't do the trick, read Nathan Deuel's "The Noise"! It'll make you cry (even more!)!
- Only like 20 hours until a better game.