The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Xavier Paul went 1 for 3 with a double that snapped his 0 for 20 streak, although it looked as if it should've been caught.
Alfredo Simon threw a scoreless 8th inning that featured a walk and a wild pitch.
That's it. That's all I've got.
- Homer Bailey looked cool, calm, and collected the first time through the A's lineup today, but he was bitten when the heart of their lineup came up a second time. Jed Lowrie led off the Bottom of the 4th with a single, Yoenis Cespedes followed with another, and Brandon Moss followed with a double off the right field wall that scored Lowrie (although it looked as if Devin Mesoraco would've had Lowrie at the plate had he caught the relay throw cleanly). Josh Donaldson followed by WOOT WOOTing a whistle tip to nearly the identical location as the one he hit last night. Reds trailed, 4-0.
- Xavier Paul got a hit in the 7th.
- A pinch hit by Nate Freiman in the Bottom of the 7th scored Eric Sogard, who had also doubled. Both came off Tony Cingrani, and that was that. Reds lose, 5-0.
FanGraph Section that Will Make You Fall Asle........
- The HR by Josh Donaldson was the first allowed to a RH hitter by Homer Bailey all season (and, if I remember correctly, the first one he's allowed to a RH bat in 123 IP).
- Jay Bruce went 0 for 4 with 4 Ks. I liked Jonny Gomes' sombrero more.
- The Reds have lost 5 of their last 6 games, and 6 of their last 8. What's worse: losing a game where you have numerous chances to win, but don't...or losing a game where you never had a chance?
- Biancke's, the best restaurant in Cynthiana, KY, burned down this afternoon. It's been that kind of day.
- There's an off day tomorrow. Another off day.
- There are massive storms coming through the Cincy/KY/Central OH area. Be safe, y'all.
- John Lee Hooker sings the blues. The Reds have the blues. Song.