Joe Robbins - Getty Images
Red Reposter - Dusty on the mend, playoff roster, and how the Reds foundation was built.
- The offense performed poorly last night and the Reds lost - The bullpen got beat around helping the Brewers keep their playoff dreams alive. Latos will pitch today in the Reds final home game of the regular season.
- The playoff roster might change, depending on match-ups - Jocketty told reporters that the playoff roster, "could depend on who we play and how guys match up against different teams." I sure hope they don't use tiny sample sizes based on match-ups to fill out the roster with an inferior player.
- As it's been for over a month, the NL ROY race is down to 3 candidates - Todd Frazier hasn't done much to help his case of late. Nonetheless, Frazier's slash line is more impressive than Bryce Harper's. Unfortunately, Frazier's numbers don't seem to be enough to overcome the hype surrounding young Harper.
- "10 Moves that changed the Reds" - The first one listed: drafting Joey Votto in 2002. Cosign
- 2012 has been a successful, albeit tough year for Dusty Baker - Baker is expected to make a full recovery from the stroke he suffered on Friday. Get well soon Dusty. One quote from the Reds' manager grabbed my attention: "The doubters, they don't know what I know. They haven't been taught what I've been taught. I don't blow my horn too much because they don't need to know what I know. The opposing manager doesn't need to know what I know. In the end, before it's over with, there's a good chance we're going to beat you."
- Brian Sabean called Dusty to check on his health - They had a long conversation, so... yeah.