"This is the dap side and this is the slap side." (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Mike Leake went seven strong, giving up 9 hits, 1 walk, and three runs while tallying 3 strikeouts. He also went 2-2 with a run scored. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but he needed to go deep in the game after yesterday's wildening, so we're glad he did.
BP also gets only the maddest of daps for his 2-4 night and leadoff home run. Wilson Valdez went 2 for 3 with a walk because nothing makes sense anymore.
The supergrover Memorial Honorary Red Reporter(s) of the Gamethread
If this is going to be a looser-constructed "fan of the game", well, is there any question?
- Alex Presley homered in the top of the first. That's bad.
- Brandon Phillips homered in the bottom of the first. That's good.
- In the second, Dioner sucked a walk, Mike leaked a single, BP 2B'd to score Dioner, and a wild pitch by Correia brought in both Leake and, when a throw deflected off of Leake, BP as well. Reds up 4-1. That's good.
- In the seventh, Tabata led off with a walk for the Buccos, the Fort McKendry singled. Jeff Clement hit into a double play, which was nice of him because Gaby Sanchez promptly hit a homer. Leake would get out of it, but the Reds were only up 4-3. That's bad.
- Rolen whopped a wood-wollop in the 8th to bring up the Reds to a 5-3 lead. That's good.
- People woooo'd again. Can I go now?