Ahhhhh, hahahaha. The Reds lost in err-off fashion tonight as Wilson Valdez let a ball go through his wickets with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth.
The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Homer Bailey does what Homer does ... in Texas. He allowed one run in eight, striking out nine against one walk. Nobody had multiple-hit nights for the Reds, though both Jay Bruce and Scott Rolen doubled and walked.
- Things started out promissingly enough. Zack Cozart led the attack with the single. A hit and groundout later, he scored on Ryan Ludwick's sac fly.
Justin Maxwell crushed a solo shot in the fourth to tie the game.
- In the top of the 8th, Brandon Phillips was called striking out swinging. He attempted to appeal but was instead ejected. He mad!
- That would prove fatal, as Wilson Valdez replaced BP at 2B, while the new infield call-ups sat on the bench. In the bottom of the ninth, Sean Marshall got two quick outs but then loaded the bases. When lil' Jose Altuve poked one between Wilson's legs (ew?), game over.
- This don't even deserve the fangraph graph.
- We'll get 'em tomorrow.
- Fay brings the funny: RT @mikesmith05 @johnfayman reds are 0-1 in September with stubbs playing batting second//True fact
- BP's sorry: #RealTalk... Apologize to my fans, team, & also the umpires for actions tonight! Not like me, but that's how I felt at the time!!!! #Human