- Louisville lost 8-4 to the Toledo Mudhens. This was another game in which the Bats bullpen let a close one get away. Pedro Villarreal didn't have his best stuff, but the team was within 2 runs when he left the game for Josh Judy who promptly allowed 3 runs in 1.2 IP. The Judge has been having a rough year, and his ERA now sits at a robust 7.49 in 45.2 IP. Five of the Bats' starting nine were held off the bases completely in the game, and the only XBHs in the game were honkers from Felix Perez and Brian Peacock. Up Next: The Bats continue their series against the Mudhens tonight at 7:05pm with Sean Gallagher getting the start for Louisville.
- Pensacola beat the Chattanooga Lookouts 5-0, despite managing only 5 hits. Billy Quix went 2-4 and stole 3 bags, bringing his season total up to 131, only 14 away from the professional record. In the 4th inning, Billy was able to turn an infield hit into a home run, by stealing second and third, and scoring on a throwing error from the catcher. That, my friends, is why they call it "game changing speed." Chad Rogers started for the Wahoos and hurled 6 scoreless innings with 6 Ks and 2 BBs. He also helped his own cause by knocking a triple and scoring a run. Up Next: Tony C takes the mound against the Lookouts at 8pm ET.
- Bakersfield weathered a late game surge from the Visalia Rawhide, and won 5-4. Recently demoted Tim Crabbe was dominant, striking out 9 and walking 2 in 6 innings while allowing 1 run. La Justice Française tried to blow the lead, allowing 3 ER in 1 inning before Chris Joyce and Kyle McMyne closed it down. My boy, Ryan Wright had a great night, going 3-4 with a mashed tater and 2 ribeyes. Up Next: Tanner Robles and the Blaze take on the Rawhide at 10:30 pm ET.
- Dayton won (!!!) 4-2 in 10 innings over the Lansing Lugnuts. Stalin Gerson led the march to victory with a 6 inning, 7 K, 1 BB, 1 ER performance. Kyle "Sounds Like a NASCAR Driver" Waldrop went 3-5 on the night, and had a clutch 2-out single that scored the winning runs in the top of the 10th. OurMan was 2-5 with a double and no strikeouts. El'Hajj Muhammad pitched a scoreless 10th inning and got the save. Up Next: The Dragons and Lugnuts square off again tonight at 7:05 pm ET. Starters TBA.
- Billings also won a 4-2 tilt, beating the Great Falls Voyagers. The Mustangs were slapping singles all over the place, as only 1 of their 13 hits were of the extra-base variety. Drew Cisco got the win, throwing 5 innings of 1-run ball with 5 Ks and 1 BB. His K/BB ratio is an impressive 7.33 so far this year. Up Next: Sal Romano faces off against the Voyagers at 9pm ET.
- The AZL Reds lost 8-6 to the Indians despite the Tribe committing 6 errors. Tanner Rahier has struggled since his hot start to his professional career. He went 0-3 with an RBI. Jonathan Reynoso and a bunch of dudes that I'm completely unfamiliar with did some things. Luke Moran got the start and pitched 2.1 innings giving up 4 runs (3 earned). GET A BRAIN. Up Next: The Reds and Padres play tonight at 10 pm ET.