Aug 4, 2012; Inverted W? More like upside-down cake. Mandatory Credit: Frank Victores-US PRESSWIRE
I went to get some ice cream, and it was fantastic. It reminded me precisely of those yellow-cupped chocolate malts that they sell at Wrigley, that you eat with a wooden spoon. I ate the entire thing in the walk back to my house. And it wasn't even the best part of the night. That's how good these Reds are.
Scott Rolen was 2-4 with a two-rbi single in the first and a triple that led to his game-winning run in the 8th. Yeah, I think that's gonna get the honors every darn time.
Frazier also had two RBIs, including the game-winner. Cairo went 1-1 and made some slick moves in the field, wiping away some miscues in the past. He also had a stololen base. Leake went six strong, with 6H, 1BB, 7K.
- Cozart and Stubbs singled in the first, and got to second and third on some weird miscues by the Pirates. Two strikeouts later, Rolen got 'em in with a single. Reds up, 2-0.
- Fort McKendry got a single yardarm in the second to close the score to 2-1. Josh Harrison was hit by a pitch, which then led to Clint Hurdle getting ejected. If you guys want to close-read this like you're poring through the bible for hints of eschatology, go for it. But I have no interest in such things.
- In the third, Alex Presley loved a ball tender and hit a home run. Everyone else said it was a triple, but 'tHom said it was a home run that Bruce should've robbed before it bounced off the wall. Those screams you hear are from Logic, getting the bastinado in the Brennabasement. Anyways, Neil Walker hit a sac fly to bring him in, Reds are tied wit the Pirates, 2-2.
- In the bottom of said inning, Stubbs and Bruce singled to start a rally. Ludwick then absolutely smashed one off of the left-field wall to bring in Stubbs. It was hit so hard, Bruce couldn't have rounded third. No matter, as Frazier then hit an infield single to bring in Bruce. Reds up, 4-2.
- Josh Harrison bearcat'ed a muskateer in the fourth to close it to 4-3.
- Travis Snider hit a sac fly to bring in Garret Jones in the sixth to tie it up, 4-4. Dang.
- Scottie Three-hottie tripled to center to lead off the 8th. Frazier, next up, hit a high chopper that was enough to make the pitcher, Hughes, not want to risk a throw home. Reds up 5-4.
- Chapman chapped it up, though not as pretty as he may sometimes be. I hope he's not needed tomorrow. All the same, Reds win 5-4.
- In his 2012 debut, Dioner Navarro went 0-4. Welp.
- Reds are 25 games over .500 and 5.5 ahead of Los Weckaneers.
- I promised KMiB hyphy, but I gave my promise ring to someone else. Here's the title's inspiration instead.
- What are YOUR thoughts on ice cream?
- Another sellout -- or rather, buy-in -- crowd tonight.
- Bailey takes on Correia (?) tomorrow at 1:10 Eastern. C you there.
|Final - 8.4.2012||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|WP: Jonathan Broxton (1 - 0)
SV: Aroldis Chapman (25)
LP: Jared Hughes (2 - 1)