- Louisville got glove-slapped by the Charlotte Knights, and lost an 8-1 duel. It was a pretty ugly game all around for the Bats as they managed only 5 hits and committed 3 errors on the night. Dennis Phipps provided the Bats only 2 XBHs with a solo donger and a double. Didi Gregorius, who is still hitting the ball much better in AAA, went 2-3 with a walk. Todd Redmond got the start and gave up 2 unearned runs in 5 innings with 4 Ks. Unfortunately, the bullpen. A combined effort (or lack thereof) from Josh Judy and Carlos Fisher gave the Knights a 6-run 6th inning, and that was all she wrote. Up Next: The Bats take on the Knights at 7:05 ET withThe Watermelon Man taking the hill.
- Pensacola avoided the sweep, beating the Tennessee Smokies 6-1. Billy Billy Billy went 0-3, but managed to get on base twice via the free pass and stole 2 bags, bringing his AA total up to 15 and his yearly total to 119. Our favorite ginger Bryson Smith, has managed to actually increase his OPS after moving from the Cali League (.807) to the Southern League (.832). He went 2-5 and drove in 2 runs. David Vidal is starting to heat up at the plate, he also went 2-5 with a solo sassoon. Wirfin "It's Much Easier To Strike Out AA Batters" Obispo started for the 'Hoos and hurled 6 innings of 1-run, 2-hit ball while racking up 10 Ks. Up Next: The Wahoos head to Huntsville to take on the Stars at the completely arbitrary time of 7:43 pm. Starters still TBD.
- Bakersfield won a wild one 9-8 over the San Jose Giants. The Blaze offense tallied 9 runs on 16 hits and only one run came via the long ball. Theo Bowe had a 3-4 night with a walk and 2 stolen bases (42) and 1 caught stealing (21). Steve too Selsky for His Shirt is still tearing the cover off the ball in Bako, OPS'ing 1.085 in 40 games. He had a 3-4 night with a double and the aforementioned honked wanger. Up Next: Tanner Robles and the Blaze take on the Modesto Nuts at 10 pm ET.
- Dayton lost a very Daytonian game to the Lansing Lugnuts, falling 6-2. Nick Masset pitched a scoreless first inning for the Dragons, allowing 1 hit. He has not allowed a run yet in 3 IP. Wes "The Mad King" Mugarian followed Masset, throwing 4.2 innings with 7 Ks 3 BBs and 2 runs. Yorman Rodriguez had a very Yorman night, going 0-4 with 2 Ks. Up Next: Stalin Gerson leads the Dragons to battle against Lansing at 7pm ET.
- Billings beat the Rookie Brewers 9-4. This year's 8th round pick, Seth Mejias-Brean went 2-3 with a double and walk. Jesse "Dad Hat" Winker had a 1-4 night, with a walk, an RBI and 2 runs scored. Up Next: Drew Cisco looks to get his first win against Helena at 9:05 pm ET.
- The AZL Reds were off. They play two tonight against the AZL Brewers starting at 6pm ET.