- Louisville lost to the Charlotte Knights 8-6. This one started out promising for the Bats as Dioner Navarro honked a grand wanger in the 1st inning. But, as quickly as the Bats had a 4-0 lead, they immediately gave it up and trailed 5-4 after the 1st inning. All in all, Tim Gustafson would surrender 8 runs on 9 hits in 4.1 innings. Woof. Neftali Soto has been hot lately, OPSing over 1.000 in the last 10 games, he went 2-4 with 2 doubles and a walk. Up Next: The Bats joust the Knights at 7:15 pm ET. Bats starter still TBA.
- Pensacola got rained out. They play two today starting at 5:05 pm. Kyle Lotzkar (4-5, 5.14 ERA) faces off against Brett Tomko in game one. The over/under for Billy Quix steals today is set at 3.
- Bakersfield beat San Jose 4-2. The Blaze jumped out to an early lead, and they were cruising right along as Josh Smith threw 6 scoreless innings, striking out 5 and walking 3. Chris "Dubliner" Joyce held the Giants without a run in the 7th and 8th before getting into trouble, allowing 2 runs in the 9th. Carlos Contreras was able to put out the fire and get the 2-out save. Travis Mattair had a nice night at the plate, going 2-4 with 2 RBIs. Up Next: The Blaze head home to face the High Desert Mavericks at 10:15 pm ET. No starters announced yet.
- Dayton brought out the boomsticks and beat the Lake County Captains 12-6. Sammy Diaz and Junior Arias had nearly identical nights, going 3-4 with a double, a dinger, and 2 RBIs, the only difference was that Diaz also worked a walk. OurMan drove in 4 runs on 2 well timed singles in 5 ABs. The pitching was rather mediocre, but they kept the Dragons in the game. Up Next: I really wish I didn't have to work tonight, because Bob Steve (2-0, 3.00 ERA) will take the mound as Dayton hosts the Captains at 7 pm ET.
- Billings got skunked by the Ogden Raptors and lost 7-0. Shout out to Robert Ramirez for getting the only XBH for the Mustangs on a 1-3 night. Jon Moscot got the start and gave up 3 runs (2 earned) on 2 hits in 3 IP. Up Next: Amir Garrett (0-0, 0.00 ERA) makes his second start for Billings at 9:05 pm ET.
- The AZL Reds got spanked by the
Chicken FuckersCubs 9-1. Nick Travieso got Kirk Cameron'd, hurling 3 innings of 6-hit, 5 run ball, with a walk and no strikeouts. Jonathan Reynoso went 2-3 with a double and scored the Reds lone run. Up Next: Off day.