You know, I'm from another village: Toe Jam, Ohio.
- Louisville lost 5-3. There were a lot of 1-fers on the night, but nobody had a multi-hit game. Didi Gregorius and Neftali Soto accounted for the only extra-base hits, knocking a double apiece. Yawn. Nick Masset pitched 2 innings, giving up 1 run on 2 hits, striking out 4 with no walks. Chad Reineke took over for The Hound and gave up 3 runs in 5 IP. The battle for the 26th man has been pretty lackluster. Up Next: Tim Gustafson (4-4, 4.32 ERA) gets the start against the Knights at 7:15 pm ET.
- Pensacola also lost, falling 5-3 to the Bay Bears. Billy "A Walk is as Good as a Triple" Hamilton went 0-3 with a walk, and stole 2 bases, bringing him 4 away from the record. Tonight, Sliding Billy moved into a tie for 2nd place in steals in the Southern League with Tampa Bay's Hak-Ju Lee. Hamilton has played in 83 less games in the Southern League than Lee. Tony Cingrani continues to defy expectations - he threw 5 innings of scoreless ball with 5 hits, 10 Ks and no walks. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic that the other shoe won't drop. Up Next: The Wahoos send Kyle Lotzkar (4-5, 5.14 ERA) to face off against once and former Reds prospect Brett Tomko at 8:05 pm ET.
- Steve Selsky and the Bako Blaze lost to the San Jose Giants 9-1. This was a terrible game all around for the Blaze, so instead of reading about it, listen to this nasty jam right here. Up Next: The Blaze take on the Giants at 3:35 pm ET. Josh Smith (meh, whatever ERA) gets the start.
- Dayton continued the trend, as they got spanked by Lake County 7-0. Man, you know what? Nuts to these prospects, the Reds are pretty good. They have a seven game lead in the division! Mike Leake threw a complete game tonight! Jay Bruce has honked a wanger in three straight games! A seven game lead in the middle of August!!! Up Next: "Rowdy" Radhames Quezada (5-7, 3.30 ERA) takes the ring against the Captains at 7 pm ET.
- Billings bucked the trend and actually won a game, beating the Chukars 8-2. Carlos "Dont Call Him Dirty" Sanchez went 2-4 with 2 triples and 2 RBIs. Slangin' Sal Romano struck out 9 with no walks and gave up 2 runs in 5 innings. The bullpen was solid, and only allowed 1 hit over four scoreless innings. Up Next: The Ogden Raptors head to Billings to face Jon Moscot (0-0, 2.25 ERA) at 9:05 pm ET.
- The AZL Reds lost 9-5 despite outhitting the AZL Giants. Adam Matthews also had a two-triple, two-RBI game. Weird that that would happen twice in one night. Jhimmy Lopez and Brayan Arias also had multi-hit games. The Reds used 6 pitchers in the game, only one (Robert Lewis-Walker) was effective. Up Next: Reds vs. Cubs at 10pm ET.