The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star(s) of the Game
A lot of props are due to our Reds tonight, but Bronson deserves praise above the rest. Unstoppabroyo was out in full force this evening, throwing a complete game 3 hit shutout. Bronson cruised, allowing only 1 walk while striking out 8. Thanks to his performance, the Reds augmented their NL lead in the complete game category, now sitting at 7 on the season. Dude had a hit, too; well played, Mr. Hook.
Very honorable mentions are due to Zack "MVP/GG" Cozart, who was 2 for 4 with a leadoff HR and a walk; Ryan Hanigan, who was 2 for 4 with a Fabergé egg; Todd Frazier, who was 2 for 3 with a walk and a Funk Pump; Drew Stubbs, who finally got a hit and didn't totally suck; and, of course, Joey Votto, who was 2 for 3 with a double and two walks. Team be teamin', yo!
- Kip Wells was pitching for the Friars this evening, and Zack Cozart didn't waste any time in putting his former AAA teammate in his place. The Wizard took an inside 3-2 pitch well over the Left field fence to lead off the game. Reds lead, 1-0.
- The game settled down significantly until the 7th inning, when the "bottom" portion of the Reds order decided to act like the "top" of the order should. Frazier walked, and Hanigan followed with a smush-smush. Reds lead, 3-0.
- In the 8th, Jay Bruce doubled, and after Ryan Ludwick did what he did the entire time he was in San Diego, the Toddfather put Fredo in his place: in the Left field seats. Reds lead, 5-0.
- In the top of the Ninth, the Pads sent out Ross "the Dorf" Ohlendorf to face the top of the Reds order. Drew Stubbs proceeded to double, and Votto did the same. Arroyo came on to lock it up, and the Reds won, 6-0!
- Reds won, Pirates lost, so our boys sit just one game back in the NL Central.
- Song o' the night number one! Dig it.
- Weezy went to last night's game, and the Reds lost. He didn't go tonight, and the Reds won. Someone steal that dude's tickets for tomorrow's game!
- This one's for our buddy rjdio. Holy Diver!
- Good wins deserve three tunes. Right? Right.