- Louisville lost to the Indianapolis Indians 6-1. Apparently everyone besides Kris Negron thought they had the day off for the 4th of July holiday, as he accounted for the Bats only two hits (going 2-4 with a triple) and scored their lone run. HankRod made his AAA debut last night, going 0-1 with a lineout to 3rd. Starter Ryan Feierabend gave up 4 runs in 4 innings with 2 dingers allowed. Up Next: The Bats face the Indians once again at 7:05pm. Starters have not yet been determined.
- Pensacola beat the Birmingham Barons 7-3. Birmingham starter Ryan Wickswat struggled mightily with his command, walking 7 in 3 IP. Possible 2014 Drew Stubbs replacement, Ryan LaMarre did what lead-off hitters should do, and got on base in 4 of his 5 trips to the plate (2-3, 2 BB, 0 K). Everyone's favorite ginger Bryson Smith has been adjusting well to the Southern League (.967 OPS in 7 games), he went 2-3 last night. Brodie Greene provided the fireworks, with a 3-run rally killer in the 2nd inning. Lil' Cueto had a couple bad pitches come back to haunt him, giving up 2 ER on two solo shots, while striking out 5 and walking 2 in 6 innings pitched. Up Next: J.C. Sulbaran (6-5, 4.20 ERA) will start against the Barons at 8pm ET.
- Bakersfield got football scored by the Stockton Ports 14-3. Pat Doyle got beat like a day old Kroger steak, allowing 12 hits and 8 runs in 6 innings pitched. Kyle McMyne was the only Blaze pitcher to escape his outing unscathed, hurling a scoreless (although meaningless) 9th inning. Herr Lutz had another 0-fer last night, and is 3-31 since returning to the Blaze. Billy the Quick did manage to steal number 101, so there's that. Up Next: The Blaze have yet to name a starter in their 7:45 Weezy Time start against the Ports tonight.
- The Dragons love freedom so much that they got 24 hits in a 17-4 rout of the South Bend Silver Hawks. Pretty much everyone besides Junior Arias, who left the game in the 1st inning, had a nice day at the dish. Gold stars all around. Up Next: Wes Mugarian makes his first career start in A-ball at 7pm ET. He was initially scheduled to start for Billings on Tuesday, but instead, he got the call up.
- Billings lost to Raul Mondesi, Jr. and the Helena Brewers 8-7. Bob Steve got the start, but was limited to only 3 innings of shutout ball. He allowed only 1 hit, but walked 4 and struck out 3. Former Ohio Bobcat Robert Maddox had a hell of a night, honking 3 wangers in 4 ABs. Up Next: "Call Me" Ismael Guilion (0-1, 5.40 ERA) takes on the Brewers at 9:05 ET.
- The AZL Reds had their game against the D'Backs postponed. They face the Royals tonight at 10:00 pm ET.