Home run, suck it. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)
- Louisville beat Columbus 4-2 behind a strong outing by Sean Gallagher. He went 7 innings and gave up 2 runs, and J.J. Hoover pitched 2 shutout innings for the save. J. Edgar's got a 1.59 ERA in AAA this year if you need him. And since we don't always have non-mustache reasons to mention him, Corky Miller went 3-for-4 with a homer, his 6th of the year. Good job, Corky. See you in September. Up next: Bats will take on Columbus in a day game at 12:05, and I've got a feeling it'll be Todd Redmond getting a start.
- Wahoos were off. They'll take on Mobile tonight at 8:05 with Kyle Lotzkar on the mound.
- Bakersfield lost a close one 7-6 as an 8th inning comeback was for naught as Brooks Pinckard blew the save in the 9th. Chris Berset and Devin Lohman had 3 hits each, and Chad Rogers got knocked around in his start. Up next: Josh Smith takes on High Desert at 10:05.
- Dayton lost 4-1 to Clinton. Stalin Gerson had a quality start (barely), and Ryan Wright hit his 5th wanger of the year. Up next: J. Jacob J. Johnson takes on the LumberKings at 7.
- Billings was off. They'll face Orem at 9:05, with Sal Romano on the mound.
- The AZL Reds were off too! They'll take on the AZL Dodgers at 10.