The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Well, the Reds obviously didn't let the dogs out tonight, garnering only one hit off of Giants pitcher Madison Bumgarner. They couldn't get a hit into McCovey's Tainted Cove, much less into los del Rio. Even chants of "Come on Ro-leen" couldn't muster any post-Midnight Reds base-runners.
Johnny Cueto was pretty solid, however, even in a less than Cuetastic performance. Ace tossed 6 innings of 2 ER ball, and gave the Reds every opportunity to make a move. Unfortunately, the offense.
- The Giants got all they needed in the 1st, as Angel "Spirit in the Sky" Pagan singled to score the Melkarena and Bust a Move.
- Ryan Hanigan singled in the 6th!
- The Giants tacked on 3 additional runs in the 6th and 7th, although there were no Tubthumps. It was small ball after all, and the Reds never managed to take a Bumgarner pitch to Funkytown. Reds lose, 5-0.
- Todd Frazier was 0 for 3 with 3 Ks. Derp.
- The Reds will pass the dutchie to the right hand side for tomorrow's game. Hey Mikey, you're so fine, you're so fine you pitch sublime!
- As we reach the Final Countdown towards the All-Star break, I truly hope the Reds don't lose ground and let the Pirates go into the break as NL Central leaders. How Bizarre that would be, right? That would just break my achy heart.
- That said, if you're really worried about the Reds after they've lost 7 of their last 10, don't worry; be happy that they won 6 in a row before that!
- One hitters suck.