Bad pitch, bad pitch face.
The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Studwick bid adieu to Dudwick this afternoon, as Mr. C.K. went yard for two rally killers in his 4 ABs. Don't look now, but he's almost got his OPS up to .800 on the season. I hope he keeps this up for the rest of the summer, as I'd gladly love the opportunity to shoot crows, pluck their feathers, put them on a stick, grill, and eat them all Bear Grylls style.
Honorable mention to Alfredo Simon, who came on in relief of an ineffectively named pitcher to throw 2 innings of scoreless ball. Yet another solid under the radar move by Walt Jocketty, folks.
- This one got pretty bad pretty early. Corey Hart caveman'd a triple to lead off the 2nd inning, and Rickie Months hit a 2 run bomb behind him. The Brewers tacked on another run an inning later after a series of hits culminated in Aoki scoring on an Aramis Ramirez single. Brewers lead, 3-0.
- The Reds threatened to threaten in the bottom of the 3rd. Chris Heisey doubled, Votto walked, and Heisey scored on a BP single. Jay Bruce grounded out though, and that rally was over. Brewers lead, 3-1.
- Corey Hart singled to lead off the 4th, and Cody Ransom hit a 2-run donker to score him. Did I mention Thump McLaunch is also a terrible name for a pitcher? Brewers lead, 5-1.
- Studwick homered to cut the lead to 3, and some Cozart/Heisey induced small-ball allowed Miguel Cairo to ground in a 3rd Reds run in the bottom of the 8th to close the gap to 2. Unfortunately, Jose Arredumpsterfire came on to pitch the 9th, and went all Proclaimers, walking 500 Brewers. That rendered Studdy's second solo wanger somewhat moot, as the Reds went on to lose 8-4. Shucks.
- Todd Frazier hit yet another triple today, bringing his season total to 4 in 148 ABs this season. I'll take it.
- Joey Votto hit his ML leading 32nd double of the season today. Lean against something before you read that again...I don't want anyone fainting and hurting themselves.
- The Reds take off on an 11 game road trip this evening. Lets hope BP, who left with a head injury, is around to help out.