The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Dang! Revenge burns, doesn't it? (No, jch24, that one time wasn't revenge.)
It pains me to do it, but there really is no other option for this than Justin Masterson. The Indians' hurler threw a complete game 3 hitter, striking out 9 Reds and walking zero in the process, all while only throwing first pitch strikes to just 15 of the 30 batters he faced. Impressive to say the least.
Honorable mention is due to Willie Harris, of course, who wasn't completely terrible and actually drove in the Reds only run (on a ground out, how else?). Todd Frazier had a double...so there's that, I guess.
- MediocRoyo ran through the lineup the first time through. BadRoyo got smoked by them the second time through. The Indians finally struck in the 4th, when Casey Kotchman singled, Johnny Damon homered (swoon), Lonathan Chisenhall walked, Shin-Soo Choo walked, and Asdruble Cabrera homered, too. Indians took a commanding lead, 5-0.
- After a single by Carlos Santana in the 7th, Kotchman reached on an error, Damon walked, and Lonald Chisenhall plated them all with a bases clearing double to make it 8-0. The Reds scored one for pride in the 8th, as Bruce reached on an error, advanced to third on Frazier's double, and scored on Harris's groundout. That was a wrap, however. Indians win, 8-1.
- Reds sweep the Indians, Indians sweep the Reds. The Reds are still streaking, only this time it's through the Quad to the gymnasium.
- Scott Rolen is hexing the Reds season!
- Off-day tomorrow. Probably much needed. I'll be flying to St. Pete for a few days on the beach. Suck it, Red Dioporter-o!