I will never get tired of seeing celebrations, especially against the Cubs. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Scott Rolen. You win the game, you win the award. Simple as that.
Starlin Castro hit a solo homer in the 1st, LaHair hit a solo shot in the 4th (TEST HIM!), and Geovany Soto added his own lonely dinger in the 5th.
- Meanwhile, Ryan Dempter was mowing down the Reds, giving up three hits and one walk over 8 strong innings. It helped that he was facing the split squad B team, but whatever.
- Theeeeeeennnn the bottom of the 9th inning happened. Dempster gave way to Carlos MarmLOL, who didn't just blow the save, he blew the whole team, set the team bus on fire, and bulldozed the ashes. Ian Stewart was kind enough to provide the gasoline. The Reds score three runs on one hit, three BB, and an error to tie the game. NEVER LET THEM OFF THE MAT!
- After a pretty uneventful top of the 10th (other than a Web Gem by Cozy), the Reds went back to work. After a Cozart single, Rafael Dolis decided to play dodgeball instead of baseball after fielding Chris Heisey's bunt attempt and plunked him in the back. Heisey safe at 1B, Cozart to 3B.
- Next up, the owner and sole proprietor of the Cincinnati Reds lifted a sac fly to RF and all 23,228 tickets went home happy.
This is just fantastic:
- Next up, the Reds head to Pittsburgh for the weekend. Tomorrow night it will be Johnny Cueto taking on Kevin Correia, I think we know where the smart money gets laid there.
- I love beating the Cubs. Damn.