Let's just have a thread and talk about the greatest television shows of all time. I'll make my list here, which only includes shows I've seen. Any genre counts. I put weight on shows that have been over long enough to marinate on them.
1. The Sopranos. I don't think I'll ever see a better TV show. It's greatest appeal, to me, is it's vastly underrated as a comedy. It's hilarious just about every episode.
2. Roseanne. This one will get a lot of blowback, but this show gathered some of the greatest TV writers of all-time and dealt with lower-middle-class life better than probably anything ever. Dan is the best. I can't even count the number of times this show has made me cry. I think it's easily the most underrated show ever.
3. Breaking Bad.
4. Andy Griffith Show. The problem with a lot of the older shows is they're not edgy and rarely brought raw emotion or difficult issues into play. Andy did actually do this quite a bit.
5. All in the Family. The best show at doing what I just described above.
6. Arrested Development.
7. Cheers. Great long run. Sems like anything that could happen on a show happened on this show.
8. Everybody Loves Raymond.
9. Seinfeld. Didn't get into this as much as most, but I thought it was pretty great.
10. The Cleveland Show. Ha. Right.
I've probably forgotten a ton and this probably isn't even the real list, but it's a place to start.