Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Donald Lutz. The big Knockwurst told Fay before the game that the Futures team would win, and he backed it up Joe Namath style by belting a two-run bomb off of Mike Leake. Honorable mentions go to Billy Quix, who went 2-3 with a steal, and newly acquired pitcher, J.J. Hoover who fanned 3 and walked 1 in the 3rd inning.
- Billy Hamilton led off the game with a single, and although Mike Leake tried to keep him close, Hamilton took off for second and beat the tag. Unfortunately for Mr. Quix, he overslid the bag and was tagged out.
- BP led off the bottom half of the inning with a double, but dat dude strayed too far off the bag, and was picked off by Tucker Barnhart.
- In the 3rd inning, we got our first chance to see J.J. Hoover, he didn't suck, striking out three. roar.
- In the top of the 4th, Donald Lutz took Mike Leake deep. We missed the action because we were getting hot dogs. Dang.
- In the bottom of the 4th, Zack Cozart cut the lead in half with a solo shot off of Kyle Loktzar.
- J.C. Sulbaran had 1 K in his 1 IP, and looked good. His delivery seems very fluid and repeatable, and he didn't seem to have the wacky mechanics that scouts have dogged him for.
- Aroldis Chapman made the young dudes look foolish, striking out 2 in .2 IP. It looked like he threw the sinker/cutter to get our man Yorman out. #LetHimStart
- The game ended after 7 innings, which seemed to surprise most folks in attendance. Tony Cingrani got the save.