The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Ya know how when you go to a bar, order a beer, take those first 3 or 4 sips, and realize you've suddenly placed yourself in that teetering position of getting a refill and enjoying the present or going home and hating that buzz you currently have? Well, in large part that's the lay of the land in the realm of TJNMHSotG tonight. While he wasn't exactly that first golden beer that got you your buzz, he was indubitably the 4th beer that broke the seal. Old Man River hit the 84th lazy Zito curveball thrown tonight over the left field wall, and in the process he broke up the shutout and also reminded us of 2010 glee. Rolen also ultimately ended Barry Zito's night, and the Reds subsequently beat up on the Giants bullpen to complete the comeback. Beam me up, Scotty.
Honorable mentions are due to Joey Votto (1 for 3, RBI, BB), Ryan Hanigan (2 for 3, R), and JJ Hoover (0 ER, 1IP, 0 being-END in his MLB debut).
- Devil Christian hit a 424 foot bomb off of our own Bronson Arroyo to open the scoring in the 3rd. Giants lead, 1-0.
- Smawl bawl by folks we've never heard of created another Giants run in the Top of the 4th, as Emmanuel Burris, Brandon Crawford, Hector Sanchez, and Nate Schierholz combined to plate a run. Giants lead, 2-0.
- Scott Rolen Scott Rolen'd a Zito smush ball in the bottom of the 7th, chasing Zito and halving the lead. Errbody else got in on the bidness, and after Joey Votto of Joey Votto's Reds was done, the Reds lead 4-2.
- Aroldis Aroldis'd, and Sean Marshall Marshall'd. Reds win, 4-2!
- I'm watching Man vs. Food right now, and it's the episode from Boulder where the host eats at The Buff and West End Tavern, and I'm damn jealous. I know where I'm eating Friday night.
- Bronson Arroyo pulled a total 5th starter move by going 5 IP and throwing just 80 pitches. That doesn't bode well.
- Only 17,445 fans were in the stands. Screw the rain, C'MON PEOPLE!
- Scott Rolen hit a HR to chase an effective Barry Zito from the game. What is this, 2005?
- Go Reds! They're my favorite team! I miss you guys and gals. Busy ain't fun.