1. I got to work Monday morning & had to pee. Every single stall was full of #PublicPoopers. Do people just hold it all weekend so that they can blow up the public bathroom as soon as they get to work? Come on fellas, do your business at home before you go out in public.
2. Borat is one of the best movies I’ve ever seen & Sasha Baron Cohen was great in Sweeney Todd. Because of that, I was willing to overlook how poor Bruno was. However, The Dictator stunt with Ryan Seacrest might have been his #JumpTheShark moment. I hope the actual movie is good, but Cohen is now been downgraded in the mind of ‘tHan.
3. It’s going to be impossible for Django Unchained to live up to my expectations. The Greatest director of his generation (Tarantino) teams with the greatest actor of his generation (DiCaprio) & just for fun they’re throwing in an academy award winner that absolutely stole the show in Inglourious Basterds (Waltz). I don’t get to the movies very often these days, but I’ll definitely be there opening weekend for this one.
4. Tomorrow OBC & I will be watching Jimmy Buffett at the KFC YUM! Center in Louisville, KY. This will be my first time seeing Buffett indoors & it will also be my first time in the new arena. The YUM! Center is supposed to be the nicest arena in the country & I’m really looking forward to seeing it for the first time. Follow @CincyPHClub for a live-tweeting of tailgating & #BuffettAtTheBucket.
5. I’m all for people practicing whatever religion they want. What gets to me is when people are very in your face about how their religion is the only possible correct one & everyone who doesn’t believe exactly as they do is going to Hell or some equivalent. Monday, I was stuck behind a car full of religious & anti-abortion bumper stickers. They were unbelievably attacking to the "non-believers". I tried to get a picture, but sadly it didn’t turn out. I can’t help but think how miserable that person’s life must be.
6. I have long proclaimed the PS3 to be the best video game system. However, in the last couple of months, I have become an XBOX 360 convert. They have fixed the main problems they had previously (added wi-fi & an HDMI port) and it’s just much easier to pick up & play than the PS3. The constant hour long updates for the PS3 just zapped all enjoyment I was getting from the system. I’m only 3 years late on it, but you guys should all get Batman: Arkham Asylum. It’s incredible & the Game of the Year Edition can be had for $20 new.
7. It seems odd to me that Speedway has a service where they’ll do your taxes in their gas stations. I don’t trust Speedway to cook a hot dog, why would I ever let them do my taxes?
8. If you are looking for a car & you want to get your best possible deal, do all the negotiating over the internet. Also, it’s time for people to change their perceptions. Don’t go into a dealership & start puffing your chest about how you’re paying cash & want a discount because of it. No one cares that you are paying cash & it makes it less likely you’ll get a discount. Dealers get paid by banks for arranging financing, so when you come in & brag about your cash it just means the dealership is making less money.
9. Speaking of cash, why is it people making offers on Craigslist are so proud of the fact they have cash? I’m not very likely to respond if you offer half what I’m asking & say "I’ve got $40 CASH!!!!" What else are you going to pay with? My listing says no trades & I’m not taking your check.
10. It’s ok if you are a soccer fan. The inability to watch live soccer at a normal time is a bit off putting, but it’s still ok. However, it’s time to admit that Soccer Guy = NASCAR Guy = MMA Guy.
11. This site should get its own reality show: Real House-Husbands of Red Reporter.
12. This week we have a special guest appearance thought from OBC: "Ryan Braun is a tremendous ballplayer and executes one helluva on-field televised presentation. But he’s an incredibly selfish Big Fat Liar, the size of which MLB hasn’t seen since Peter Edward. Jerk!"
13. Last night was senior night for UK player & fellow Reds Fan Darius Miller. Miller hit 5 threes & led the team in scoring. I have really enjoyed watching Miller for the 4 years he’s played at Kentucky & he has had one of the wilder rides of any player in basketball history. His Freshman year, he played for Billy Gillispie and was part of the longest losing streak in Rupp Arena history. His next three years, he played for John Calipari & is now part of the longest winning streak in Rupp Arena history. He has played in the the NIT, Elite 8 and Final Four. If Kentucky is fortunate enough to make the NCAA Championship game, he will have played in more games than any other player in Kentucky Basketball history. It was a truly great moment seeing him come off the Rupp floor for the last time to a thunderous ovation & being greeted by Joe B. Hall. On top of all that, Darius Miller as a kid provides me with one of my favorite UK photos of all time. Him wearing the old UK denim jersey & meeting UK legend Tony Delk.
14. I love to laugh so of course I love comedians. It pains me to see really funny people cease being funny. To some extent, this has happened with Adam Sandler & Jim Carrey. However, it took a long time for the fall to happen. I don’t think any next-level funny guy has had a quicker fall than Jack Black.
15. I’m legitimately excited to see this week’s episode of Saturday Night Live. I think overall SNL has a pretty strong cast right now & they were on a roll before Christmas. However, the post break episodes have been hit or miss. The Channing Tatum episode is possibly the worst I’ve ever seen. This week, Lindsay Lohan returns to host & she has a solid track record with the show. As a bonus, this is one of the rare weeks where I’ll actually watch the musical guest. Jack White solo work? I’m in!