Here we are, the last weekend of the (regular) minor league season. WIth the news that Juan Francisco, Jeremy Horst, Chris Valaika, Devin Mesoraco, Jared Burton, Carlos Fisher, and Matt Maloney were on their way to the big leagues, the gaps had to get filled in all the way down. So from now until the end of the year, Louisville will welcome Yasmani Grandal, Neftali Soto, Travis Webb, Quintin Berry, and (!) Fred Lewis. Ryan LaMarre, Brodie Greene, Mark Fleury, and Andrew Bowman move up to Carolina to take their spots. Brandon Dailey and Brennan May move from the AZL to Dayton, and Steven Selsky goes from the AZL to Billings. Everyone caught up? Good. On to the games.
- Louisville was off. They'll take on Indy at 7:15 with Edinson Volquez making what's likely to be his last start before coming back up.
- Carolina lost 9-3 to Mississippi. Didi Gregorius and Cody Puckett had 2 hits each, and Eric Campbell drove in 2 runs. Josh Ravin was decent, going 5 innings and giving up 3 runs (2 ER). Up next: James Avery at 7:15.
- Bakersfield lost 5-2 to San Jose. Devin Lohman was 2-for-4 with a homer, and Mark Serrano gave up 5 runs in 7 innings of work. Up next: The Blaze take on High Desert at 10:30.
- Dayton lost to Bowling Green 7-5. Billy Hamilton was 2-for-5 with a homer (!) and Donald Lutz had 3 hits. Daniel Corcino got lit up, giving up 7 runs without getting out of the 5th. Tucker Barnhart had 2 hits and 2 runs batted in. Up next: Josh Smith takes on BG at 8:05.
- Billings won 7-4 against Helena. Tony Cingrani started and gave up 3 runs in 5 innings (which is more than you'd expect) but still got the win. Robert Maddox went 3-for-5 and Bryson Smith hit his 5th homer. Up next: Great Falls at 9:05.