Well, not really. Not at all, actually. But the Dragons are probably the most exciting and interesting team in the Reds entire system right now, big leagues included. I wish I could watch them play in person.
- Louisville is flat out feeling the effects of losing so many players in the last month. Yesterday they lost 7-3. Carlos Fisher struck out 4 in 2 shutout innings of relief. Devin Mesoraco was 2-4, raising his OPS on the year to .879. If and when a Ramon Hernandez trade occurs, I'd say Devin is ready. Dave Sappelt was 2-3. Up Next: Travis Wood takes the hill at 7:05.
- Carolina lost a heartbreaker, 6-5. The Mudcats entered the 9th leading 5-3 but Chris Mobley gave up 3 runs in the inning to take the loss. Neftali Soto was 2-4 with his 19th homer of the season. Yasmani Grandal was 1-4 with a homer and a walk. Josh Fellhauer, recently promoted from Bakersfield, was 3-4. Up Next: Someone will start at 7:15.
- Bakersfield lost 5-1. Every starter but one had 1 hit. One guy had 2. Bleh. Up Next: Tim Crabbe gets the 10:05 start.
- Dayton won 6-1. Billy Hamilton had 2 hits, including a triple, and stole his 75th base. Jaren Matthews had 2 hits, including a double, and David Vidal was 3-4 with 2 homers, giving him 13 on the season. Vidal started off a bit slow, but he has been scorching in June and July. He's a great pure hitter, and definitely someone to keep an eye on moving forward. Up Next: Tanner Robles is back in Dayton, and gets the 7:00 start.
- Both Billings and AZL Reds were off. They both play today.