Yesterday was of those rare days where every team in the organization won. 6 for 6, with only Billings with an off day. Optimism!
- Louisville held off a late inning rally by Gwinnett to win 9-6. Matt Maloney started and only went 3 innings. Jeremy Hermida was 4-for-5, and both Yonder Alonso and Paul Janish homered for the Bats. Up next: Chad Reineke gets the ball against Gwinnett at 12:05.
- Carolina won 7-4 against Tennessee by way of a potent offense. Neftali Soto hit 2 more homers (and drove in 3) to bring his long-ball total to 18 on the year. He's only 3 away from last year's total of 21, with about half as many ABs. What's even weirder is that not even 2 months ago, he was sitting on 3 homers for the year before catching fire. I'm not sure if he just found his stroke or what, but is there a chance that this takes the sting out of a possible Yonder deal? Also of note, Denis Phipps, Eric Campbell, and Jose Castro collected 3 hits each. Pedro Villarreal started and gave up 4 runs in 6 innings, and the bullpen combined for 3 one-hit innings. Up next: Cats take on Tennessee at 7:15.
- Bakersfield beat San Jose 8-4. Mark Serrano started and gave up 2 runs in 6 innings to earn the win. Brodie Greene hit his 9th homer and Kevin Coddington went 3-for-4 and drove in 5 runs. Up next: J.C. Sulbaran gets the ball against SJ at 10:45.
- Dayton beat Peoria 13-5 behind some offense and the hot arm of Daniel Corcino. The man they call Baby Cueto pitched 6 innings of 4 run ball, with 5 strikeouts, and earned his 9th win of the year. Ronald Torreyes was 4-for-5, and David Vidal drove in 4 runs with his 3 hits. Juan Duran hit his 10th homer of the year, a 3-run shot, and the Dragons couldn't be caught. Up next: Daniel Renken takes on the Chiefs at 7.
- Billings were off. They'll take on Orem at 9:05 with Ismael Guillon taking the mound.
- The AZL Reds beat the AZL Padres 8-2. Ryan Wright continued his hot hitting, going 3-for-4, and Tanner Robles pitched well, only giving up 2 hits and no runs in 6 innings of work, with 9 strikeouts. Why couldn't he do that in Dayton? Up next: AZL Angels at 10.