It's been pretty quiet around the FO offices lately, what with all the all star breaks occurring at the same time. BK has even been taking 3 hour "liquid lunches" every day. But it's time for him to sober up, because not only are the full season squads back in action, the rookie ball teams are in full swing. Gird your loins. Here we go.
(oh, also. Yasmani Grandal was promoted to AA Carolina yesterday. Catching depth FTW!)
- Louisville lost a tough one to Pawtucket 4-3 in 10 innings. Zack Cozart was 2-4 with a walk, Jeremy Hermida was 2-3 with 2 walks, and Todd Frazier was 3-5 with 2 doubles.
- Carolina won 3-2. Matt Klinker allowed just 2 runs in 6 IP. Brad Boxberger got the save with a shutout 9th, striking out 2. Yasmani Grandal was 2-4 with a double in his Mudcats debut. Neftali Soto, Cody Puckett, and Denis Phipps each also had 2 hits. Soto and Puckett homered.
- Bakersfield won 5-3. Mark Serrano struck out 8 in 7.2 IP, allowing the 3 runs. Another typical Blaze performance, as every player but Josh Fellhauer reached base safely, but only DiDi Gregorius and Alex Buchholz had multiple hits.
- Dayton was on the last day of their break. They resume tonight.
- Billings won 3-1. 2011 draftee Kyle McMyne threw 2 shutout innings to start the game, striking out 3. Kurtis Muller had 2 hits, and obc favorite Robert Maddox hit a triple.
- AZL Reds fell 7-5. Brennan May and Carlos Sanchez each homered. I've got to get on my game, I've heard of almost none of the players on this team.