who would be up for a season long game prediction contest like the ones seen on other sites in years past? If enough people are up for it, i'd be willing to track and run the thing. I know this is kind of a short notice, but it has been something i've been mulling over for the past few weeks. More info after the jump ...
Here are the simplistic rules:
1. Before the scheduled 1st pitch of each game, make your prediction in the game thread.
2. Predict the winner of the game and the final score for both teams.
3. The person(s) who picks the winner and get closest to the final combined score will get one point. I kind of feel like more than one person can get a point any given day. Unless requested, i don't feel we need to go into tiebreakers.
4. I will update the standings either after each sunday game or monday morning.
5. Unless somebody is throwing in a Joel signed book or T-Virus jersey, it's all about bragging rights.
If you would like to make suggestions please do so in this thread. I'll keep checking on it throughout the day to read the comments. Good luck.