There's been a lot of chatter about the possibility of Aroldis Chapman joining the Reds bullpen sometime soon, even though there aren't any clear candidates for demotion. So now, what to do with Homer Bailey? Last night's start indicates he's ready to rejoin the team, but where does he fit?
- Louisville shut out Norfolk 6-0. Homer Bailey threw 7 shutout innings, allowing only 6 hits, striking out 9 and not walking any. Carlos Fisher and Phillippe Valiquette each threw a scoreless inning to complete the shutout. Four Bats had 2 hits each, including Todd Frazier, who went 2-3 with a walk and his 15th homer. Hopefully he ends the year strong after his terrible first half. Up Next: Micah Owings starts at 7:00
- Carolina lost 5-3 in 13 innings. The bullpen ruined a strong start by Scott Carroll, who threw 6.1 innings, allowing 1 earned run and striking out 5. Dave Sappelt just continues to rake, going 2-5 with a double in this one. Up Next: Tom Cochran takes the hill at 8:00
- Lynchburg won 5-1. Curtis Partch threw 7 innings of one run ball, striking out 3 and walking 1. Donnie Joseph struck out 2 in a scoreless ninth inning of work. Cody Puckett was 3-5 with a double, Jordan Wideman went 2-4 with a double, and Denis Phipps hit his 6th homer. Up Next: Jordan Hotchkiss gets the start at 7:05.
- Dayton lost again, 6-1. Pedro Villareal threw 3 shutout innings of relief. No Dragon had more than one hit, and none of the team's 4 hits were for extra bases. Up Next: Jacob Johnson tries to do something positive at 7:00.
- Billings got shut out 5-0. Billy Hamilton was the only Mustang to get a hit, going 1-3 with a walk. He also stole 2 bases, giving him 26 on the season in just 41 games played. Up Next: Tyler Cline will start at 9:00
- AZL Reds lost 8-3. Junior Arias was 3-4 with a walk, double, and triple. David Vidal was 2-3 with a double and walk, and Jaren Matthews was 2-4 with a triple. Up Next: Someone takes the hill at 9:00