The Louisville Bats and Dayton Dragons are only separated by a few hundred miles, but performance-wise they are light years apart right now. Last night the Bats won their 11th straight while the Dragons lost for the 19th time in the last 21 games. Here's how it all went down.
- Louisville beat Columbus 4-3 in 12 innings. Sam LeCure pitched 7 innings of 3 run ball, Jared Burton threw 2 scoreless to earn the win, and new closer Aroldis Chapman picked up his 2nd save with a perfect bottom of the 12th. Chris Dickerson was 3-5 with a homer and a walk, and he also drove in the winning run. It's going to be increasingly hard for Dusty to make excuses for not calling him up. Yonder Alonso 2-6 with 2 doubles, and Wladimir Balentien was 2-5 with a double. Up Next: Matt Maloney starts at 12:05.
- Carolina lost 10-2. The lone bright spot was RR favorite Dave Sappelt, who was 2-4 with a triple. Devin Mesoraco went hitless, but it's good to see him back in the lineup! Up Next: Matt Klinker starts at 8:00.
- Lynchburg lost 9-5. Brodie Greene, Cody Puckett, and Chris Richburg each had 2 hits. Up Next: Justin Walker starts at 7:05.
- Dayton fell 13-7. Henry Rodriguez had 3 more hits, and Ryan LaMarre hit his 3rd homer as a pro. Up Next: Blair Carson tries to right the ship at 7:00.
- Billings won 5-3. Billy Hamilton went 3-4, Devin Lohman went 1-2 with 2 walks, and Donald Lutz went 2-3. Up Next: Daniel Corcino takes the hill at 9:05.
- AZL Reds won 5-4. 4 different players had multiple hits to lead the offense, including Juan Silva, who was 2-4 with a double. Up Next; The team is off Wednesday.