Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
- Ryan Hanigan singled off of Carlos Monasterios to begin the second inning. After two outs, Homer Bailey extended the inning by singling, and Brandon Phillips singled while Hanigan scored from second. Reds lead, 1-0.
- Homer Bailey pitched really well in this game, and only ran into a spot of bother in the third inning. He walked Jamey Carroll and Brad Ausmus got a hit. Carlos Monasterios moved the runners up with a sacrifice bunt. Scott Podsednik hit one on the screws, but fortunately it was right at Paul Janish. Then Ryan Theriot laid down a great bunt that allowed Carroll to score. Game tied, 1-1.
- Ryan Hanigan got the Reds started again in the fourth inning with a single. Drew Stubbs moved him to second with a bunt, but Monasterios threw the ball away and Stubbs was safe too. Paul Janish grounded out but advanced both runners. Homer Bailey grounded out, but Brandon Phillips singled up the middle and both Hanigan and Stubbs scored. Reds win, 3-1.
- The Reds won at Dodger Stadium for the first time since July 28, 2005, breaking a streak of 12 losses. Homer Bailey and Brandon Claussen are the last two pitchers to win in LA.
- Since returning from the DL, Homer Bailey has only allowed 1 run in 13 innings, as well as 7 hits, 2 walks, and 10 strikeouts.
- The Reds are a season high 20 games over .500 and a season high 4.5 games ahead of the Cardinals. They haven't held a lead that big since 2002.
- Going into tonight's game, the Reds pitchers had an OPS+ of 145 as hitters.
- The Reds have only lost four times in August. Three of them were to the Cardinals, and the fourth was a 7-6 loss to the Pirates on August 3, the last time the Reds lost on the road.
|Final - 8.20.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||0||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||5||2|
|WP: Homer Bailey (3 - 2)
SV: Francisco Cordero (33)
LP: Carlos Monasterios (3 - 4)