A cheesy headline you say? Well, I'm auditioning for main headline writing guy for the back page of the New York Post and I need to get some practice. Let me know if you have better ideas.
- Louisville beat Syracuse 6-2. Sam LeCure was solid, lasting 7 innings and giving up just the 2 runs while striking out 6. Danny Ray Herrera pitched the final 2. The story was Devin Mesoraco, who hit a grand slam in his first at bat of the night. For those keeping score at home, that's 2 grand slams in his first 2 games at AAA. Yonder Alonso also homered. Up Next: Aaron Harang tries to work his way back to the big boys at 7:15.
- Carolina fell 6-1. Kris Negron and Luis Terrero each had 2 hits, including a double. Up Next: Matt Klinker starts at 7:15.
- Lynchburg won a slugfest, 11-8. Six different Hillcats had at least 2 hits, including Cody Puckett and Chris Richburg, who each homered. Neftali Soto had 4 hits, including a double. Up Next: Pedro Villareal starts at 7:05.
- Dayton lost 1-0. The team wasted a nice start by Tim Crabbe, who allowed just the one run in 5 innings of work. Henry Rodriguez had 2 hits and Dominic D'Anna, freshly promoted from Billings, doubled. Up Next: Daniel Corcino starts at 7:05
- Billings won 11-2. Tanner Robles lasted just 4 innings but also just gave up 1 run and struck out 5. Yorman Rodriguez and Jefry Sierra were each 2-5 with a double, and Tucker Barnhart was 3-3 with 2 doubles and 2 walks. Up Next: Jonathan Correa starts at 9:05
- AZL Reds were off. Up Next: Someone goes at 9:00